The Hills Montessori School aims to create and maintain a safe and vibrant learning community. The School considers the needs of our current students and their families as we make the decision to accept new students.
A prospective student and their family should be committed to the unique style of education in the Adolescent Program at The Hills Montessori Middle School. The school will take the student’s learning and social needs into consideration and give careful thought to how well the student will fit into the Middle School in reaching its decision.
The Hills Montessori School respects and celebrates difference in others. A well balanced community reflects the academic, racial, cultural, economic and physical diversity of society.
- and welcome people from all walks of life
- Montessori philosophy
- the students and families in the existing community
- the future of Montessori education
Our decision to accept new students is based on:
- the existing cohort and the current learning environment
- the ongoing stability of the community
Preference will be given to:
- siblings of current and past students
- students from Montessori schools or those with some previous Montessori education
- those familiar with and/or supportive of the principles of Montessori education
Consideration will also include:
- the current gender balance in the school
- existing social groupings
- the applicant’s needs
- independence and study habits
- consultation with former schools